A mother has many job descriptions as over time. Here are a few of the roles a mom fills without receiving a paycheck. I have listed five hats a mother wears, with the average salary and benefits for each scope of work.
- Taxi driver: I would like to know how many trips moms make to ballfields, schools, fast-foods restaurants, friends’ houses, doctor offices, pools, churches, and playgrounds.
Average taxi driver salary: $38,000/year
- Medical doctor. Moms are neurosurgeons when we fall out of a tree; internal medicine physicians when we throw up or can’t eat; ear, nose and throat doctors when we have an ear ache swollen tonsils; psychologists when our emotions are way out of bounds; orthopedic surgeons when we hurt or pull a muscle; and ophthalmologists when we get something in our eyes or can’t see. I know there are a few more medical needs I could list.
Average salary for all the doctors listed here, added together: $4,200,000/year
- Entertainer: Moms are always doing or saying goofy things, just to keep a buzz of excitement in the air. That could include being a piano player, cheerleader, disc-jockey for radio and more.
Average salary: $65,000/year
- Federal judge. My mama would always help us decide who deserved the last piece of cake or pie, or what the discipline would be after we pulled some crazy stunt. Somehow, my parents always knew what was going on with our circle of friends without ever asking.
Average salary: $240,000/year
- Pastor/spiritual guide. This is something you sit down and look mom in the eyes about. My mama would often pulled out the Bible or some reference for spiritual information.
Average salary: $100,000/year
I could list many more jobs and ways that our moms have touched our lives as we have grown to become our own people. I feel this quote sums up the love our moms give us and the sacrifices that they chose to keep us close to their hearts:
“My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.”Michael Jordan
Leave a Reply